1) Material Color Deviation (~5-8%)
a) Fabric colors are achieved through dyeing (cotton fabric applies with reactive dye, while polyester fabrics applies disperse dye). Due to uncontrollable factors (e.g. water quality, random color absorption, different lots of fabric), even the same dying formulate, temperature and time are applied, different dyed lot fabric still exhibits color deviations which is called as shadeband difference, such color deviation is around 5-8% but depends on the fabric nature.
b) body fabric has around 8% color deviation when matching up with trims (including zipper, flatknit, rib collar, webbing and other different trims). It is because trims and fabric are of different materials and knitting structures, the dyeing formula, duration, temperature applied are different. Color absorption will also be different. The shadeband difference mentioned in point a) already exhibits in different dyed lots of trims and fabrics, so when matching up the trims to the body fabric, color deviation will be resulted. Another reason is that due to different knitting structures, the body fabric and trims will give different reflection under light source, thus creating visual color difference.
Some outerwear (e.g. zip-up, jacket, windbreaker etc.) involves quite some trims, so color deviation will be resulted.
c) color perception is subjective and base on personal preference, so color evaluation could be judgemental.
Size Deviation (±5%):
Textile materials have elastic and shrinkage nature, and garment production process involves with manual operation. This causes size deviation which is within ±5% around +/-1.0 inch. So finished products (garment) will have such size tolerance expected and needs to be accepted.
Shrinkage: Cotton fabric (~8-10%) / TC, CVC Polyester fabric (~5%)
There are different types of textile materials, which are made by knitting or weaving. The knitting structure will affect the shrinkage rate. For example, some loosely constructed fabric or drop-stitch fabrics (e.g. ribs, pique) will have large shrinkage. 100% cotton fabric, blended fabric, 100% polyester fabric exhibit different shrinkage after washing. Customers should base on garment application and styles to select appropriate fabrics and take the shrinkage into account when selecting size spec.
1) We accept the inspection or checkup by 3 party laboratory such as ITS, SGS; however, this should be requested before the order is placed. The details such as the required standard should also be stated clearly.
This is because the price and production period may vary depending on the required standards.
If the specific requirements are not stated before the order is confirmed, we do not accept any changes.
2) For washing and cleaning, please refer to our care label on the apparel. iGift Company Ltd is not obliged to any quality issue associated with inappropriate washing procedures.
2.1) Please inform us in advance if industrial laundering is applied for the apparel, as special care is needed. Please specify us the detail of industrial laundering including:
1. Dry clean / wet wash 2. Temperatrue of washing 3. Detergent used 4. Bleaching used 5. Drying method 6. Temperature of drying
3) Colour migration after garment wash is potentially happened in certain sensitive fabric and style colour combination including red+white , black+white and navy blue+white colour combination. The degree of colour migration is subject to the fabric colourfastness and garment washing method. iGift suggests the users to be very careful on the garment wash and uses hand wash if needed. Customers need to be aware of the above potential effect of the colour migration prior to ordering.
4) Synethic Fleece made in synthetic fiber has a significant opportunity to cause skin irritation for the users because the pile of the fabric increases the contact surface area between the synthetic fiber and the skin. Please try to avoid the use of such fabric if the customers have such concern. This fabric should particularly be avoided to use in baby. At the same time, the dyeing process involves couples of chemical process that changes the PH value of the fabric. The PH value of the apparel may be different than the PH value of skin that affects the comfortability of the wearing or even cause the skin irritation. iGift suggests the customer to wash the apparel before use and avoid the direct contact of the skin in order to reduce the irritative situation.
5) The quality of the apparels is subject to the duration of storage time and storage climate environment. The apparel is recommended to store in low humid and indoor temperature environment.
*iGift is not liable to the quality appeal due to the storage time longer than we listed and inappropiate storage climate.
*If the storage time is more than 30 days before use, pls kindly inform us before order. The fabric is limited to use and special treatment, special packaging may be required.
Points to note for Logo Making & Production Deviations:
1) Logo is usually designed and colored by computer, different computer monitors may have different color rendering, therefore, computer graphic must have color deviation from actual final logo on the garment. Computer colors could not be regarded as color standard for textile production.
2) Logo artwork exhibits deviation from actual product (including color, logo effect, thickness, details etc.), this is involved with limitations from transferring the logo design from artwork onto actual fabric by printing or embroidery etc:
a) Screen print color materials are formulated base on specific dyeing process, and then printed onto textile materials, such combination results in color deviation visually, therefore, color difference always exists from such transferring process (from artwork to actual product)
b) Screen print logo will be affected by the detail design of the logo, printing material limitations and environmental factors (e.g. humidity and temperature etc.). When print material is applied on the garment fabric via the screen print film, the print materials will take certain time to dry up, and during such period, the random diffusion of the wet print material must cause certain change to the logo (e.g. some very detailed and fully packed logo maybe blur out due to such diffusion effect), therefore, such transition from design to actual screen print logo will result in logo deviation, and customers may consider taking into account during logo design stage.
c) Graduation effect from screen print is achieved via production the print film with different density of holes which allow print stuff to pass through the film and print on the fabric, the graduation effect is not detailed in close-up. The rough graduation effect is approximately around 70% of the original artwork.
d) Small size, complicated, random, scattered artwork are not suggested by embroidery logo making method due to embroidery will stitch the colored thread to the fabric by needle, the thickness of the needle and the thread will limit the embroidery to achieve a very fine
and detailed logo effect.
e) Embroidery logo are inter-linked together by threads due to continuous computerized stitching, so in-between separated pattern within the embroidery logo, a small thread will link them together, it could be cut but cau+G7sing a small peel off outlook. Also, for very small pattern, the linked thread is very short and could not be removed.
f) As embroidery is by stitching thread onto the fabric, large size / area of embroidery will create a thick backing on the fabric, and also the dense stitch will cause the edge area around the embroidery logo to wrinkle. Customers must pay attention during logo design stage and take into account of such physical limitation in embroidery in achieving a balance on the final physical product.
g) Offset printing applies CMYK color inks, this kind of logo printing will be applied to product multi-colored logo (e.g. some photo effect like photo). Such logo exhibits different color sensation in on-screen viewing and actual print out by offset printing. Therefore, a color deviation (~8-10%) is expected when compare with the original artwork. Also, as this kind of printing is applied by heat set onto the fabric, so the fastness is not as good as screen printing, suggested to apply with washing in cold water and turn inside out, then the logo fastness may withstand around 10-20 washing times, after that small cracks / peel off could be observed around the logo edge / or some more thin / tiny attached area.
h) Gold & Silver reflective printing is to apply a layer of gold foil / silver foil onto the fabric by heat setting, due to the foil's physical nature and such logo printing limitation, the fastness is not comparable to normal screen printing. It is suggested turning inside out & using cold water in washing to minimize the peel off. However, the logo will still peel off slightly & become dull after 5-10 washing times.
i) Color perception is subjective and base on personal preference, so it will affect color visual effect and judgement by individuality.
j) Textile products are transformed from design, to sampling, to bulk production, in each of the steps, tolerance and deviation will be created base on physical materials' applications.
The above points are some basic and common points that are frequently observed. Due to physical limitation of textile materials and manual production, tolerance and deviations (e.g. logo sampling, sewing etc.) will be resulted. In general, sample to bulk may result in around 5-8% tolerance.
Other Points to Note:
Textile Products' color change (including logo and fabric color staining and fading):
1) Textile products may exhibit certain degree of color change upon a period of storage (color change depends on the storage environment, temperature, humidity etc.), such color changes are nature and physical limitations in textile materials.
2) Color change is resulted from washing (e.g. different washing methods & washing detergents may result in different degree of color change). Also, textile fiber will naturally worn out and color fading is inevitable due to continuous washing. Customers have to proceed washing base on the care instruction sewed on the garment to slow the fading and worn out process.
3) Due to the fabric property of fleece, the colourfastness of the fleece is relatively poor comparing to other fabrics. The colour dye is easy to come out from the yarn. The apparel made in fleece has high potential to have tinting during wearing and colour migration transfer via garment wash. iGift suggests the users to wash the garment with net bag and separately, and uses hand wash if needed. Customers need to be aware of the above potential effect of the colour migration prior to ordering. To reduce the tinting during wearing, the garment made in fleece is recommended to be washed couple of times before wearing.
4) The fabric with peach finishing and the fleece has a lot of pile (short fiber) in the surface that leads to the creation of the pilling easily. iGift suggests the users to wash the garment with net bag, and uses hand wash if needed. The pilling is hard to be totally avoided after repeated washing and use. Customers need to be aware of the above potential effect before ordering.
5) Fleece with sublimation print is easy to appear permanent creases mark in black. There are lots of pile spreading on the fabric surface. During the heating and high pressure pressing of sublimation process, the pile becomes the black dust and mark on the fabric surface. The mark is significantly obvious on the light color of the fabric. And, this situation is hard to avoid totally.
6) Pls. inform iGift if your products require special and heavy washing, so that iGift could alert potential washing issues. Otherwise, iGift is not liable for any after washing effect resulted.
7) Due to garments are also made from textile materials which have their physical limitations, and production process will involve certain deviation, so such color change is unavoidable.
8) Customers should raise out any quality concern within 3 working days upon receiving the goods, so that iGift could track down and check out potential causes.
9) Since our products are manufactured in Mainland China, the custom clearance in custom between the borders is regarded as Force Majeure clause. Customers require indicating the purpose of the product as activity use and date of the activity before the order place. Customers should understand that any Force Majeure clause is possible to lead to the delay of the delivery. iGift does not have liability for the order delay without indicating the purpose of the products as activity use and date of the activity
10) If there is any QR code or Barcode printed on the logo, iGift cannot guarantee that the information in the bar code can be read generally.
*Final terms and conditions shall prevail in Chinese version from website.
Terms and Conditions:1) Returns and Refunds
1.1 Customers are required to check carefully for the quantity and quality of goods received, return will not be accepted after customers’ acceptance of goods.
1.2 In case of reproduction is necessary, only same products can be returned in any circumstances, no refund nor change of products would be accepted.
1.3 iGift withholds the right to destroy any finished goods which are not picked up within 30 days after completion of production; iGift would not be responsible for any loss that caused; In such circumstances, any deposit nor pre-payment will be refunded, and iGift withholds the rights to request for the remaining amount or value of the goods.
1.4 Should customer wish to return any flawed product, all requests must be made within 3 days, and all returned goods must be in good conditions and descriptions. Otherwise, no refund shall be issued.
1.5 Refund shall be paid by cheque payment only.
1.6 For any order claim, iGift will only reproduce the order or refund the relevant amount.
2) Product Details
2.1 Small discrepancies in regards to quality, color, shape, processing, width, weight, design and features that are deemed as unavoidable due to technical reasons are not liable for claims under the warranty.
2.2 If customer provided any products that may involve defamation, invasion of privacy, counterfeit, intellectual property infringement, currency, bank note or breaching of laws, iGift reserves the right to refuse the production.
2.3 iGift withholds the right to make the final decision on producing of any materials received from customer.
3) Delivery & Delay in delivery
3.1 Deliveries that had not been shipped out are not liable for any claims or compensation on behalf of Customer. In an event where it is impossible to deliver on time due to unforeseen calamities, iGift is fully entitled to postpone the deadline of the delivery or to withdraw from the contract. If so, customer may demand compensation for non-fulfillment.
3.2 iGift agrees to deliver the goods to buyer at stated time and destination through an arranged delivery service.
3.3 Customer is liable all risks once the goods are transferred to the delivery service.
3.4 All freight, express and delivery charges shall be paid as a separate item by the Customer and shall not be subject to any discount. In such event, shipments will be considered as accepted by Customer upon delivery, unless rejected by Customer.
4) iGift’s Liability
4.1 iGift is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of circumstances beyond iGift’s control. These include but are not limited to: Natural catastrophes such as earthquakes, cyclones, storms, war or plane crash; any defect or characteristic related to the nature of the Shipment, even if known to iGift; riot or civil commotion, any act or omission by a person not employed or contracted by iGIft e.g. Shipper, Receiver, third party, customs or other government official; industrial action; and other damages that include electrical or magnetic damages.
4.2 iGift’s contract with the shipper is on the basis that iGift’s liability is strictly limited to direct loss only. All other types of losses are excluded (including but not limited to lost profits, income, interest and future business), whether how such lost is incurred.
4.3 iGift’s liability in respect of any one Shipment transported is limited to its actual cash value and shall not exceed the order amount.
4.4 iGift stores up any goods that are overdue & stored in our office / warehouse for 14 days or above after agreed delivery date will result in storage charge of 1% of the total order amount per week.
5) Copyright Protection
5.1 Customers guarantee that the printing content does not include any production matter without authorization of the copyright holder text, images, designs, trademarks, currency and bank note or any of the copyrighted work; customers need to ensure the content will not infringe any third party rights, including copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy and will not libel or defame any third party, and has obtained all necessary authorizations or permissions for third-party material into works of customers; Customers guarantee that they have obtained all necessary permissions , rights and authorization of orders, and to authorize the product of customers work; iGift will request the customer to submit or produce relevant authority authorization for verification if necessary.
5.2 If customers provided any products which may involve defamation, invasion of privacy, counterfeit, copy, reproduce, intellectual property infringement, indecent, obscene, infringe any third party rights, currency and bank note or breach of our laws, and other printed matter. iGift reserves the rights to refuse in production. With the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, iGift also will not be responsible or liable for the contents user nor any third party.
5.3 Customer undertakes that if any person, group or institution for (i) breach of the terms of service; or (ii) any customers products in printed text, photos, images, graphics or other material covering or may be involved defamation, invasion of privacy, counterfeit, copy, reproduce, intellectual property, infringement, indecent, obscene, infringe any third party rights, currency and bank note or violate our laws, the situation, and to make any form of litigation, claims, notification or take any action that will indemnify the Company and its directors, officers and employees for any losses suffered, including but not limited to the relevant claims, losses, costs and reasonable attorney’s fees. iGift withholds the rights to make final decision on producing or printing of any files or materials from customer.